MAD Travel is currently seeking a Travel Agent for our Naples office.
Proficiency on Worldspan is preferred, but any GDS system knowledge is helpful. Agent must be bright, articulate, organized and a team player with good technical skills and abilities. Salary plus commission, full benefits. Email only: email@example.com
* Clarifies travel preferences by determining travel dates and destination, mode of transportation, and finances.
* Develops itinerary by assembling literature; researches local customs, points of interest, and special events; answering inquiries; offering suggestions.
* Schedules itinerary by identifying, booking, and confirming route, carriers, lodging, and dining; verifying space and rates; issuing tickets.
* Completes foreign travel requirements by obtaining visa, permit, and medical regulations; completing forms; providing information to obtain currency.
* Prepares travel packet by assembling itinerary, maps, tickets, confirmations, visas and related documents, baggage tags, emergency resources, insurance options, etc.
* Collects payment by entering and verifying scheduled services and charges; computing total; obtaining credit card charge, check, or cash.
* Maintains resource of travel options by traveling carriers and visiting destinations; assembling, filing, and updating directories, brochures, pamphlets, guides, timetables, etc.
* Obtains refunds and adjustments by completing claim forms.
* Promotes travel by selling tour packages and special events.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.