* Please Note, Position is for US Citizens or Residents only
The Account Manager is responsible for strategic management of a select portfolio by delivering all core account management components and value-added services. This position also has responsibility for client retention, profitability of the account portfolio, growth and overall customer satisfaction. This is a virtual opportunity. Candidates must live in New England or New York. Only candidates out of a corporate travel management background will be considered.
- Manages an account base with coaching and direction from Senior Director or Vice President.
- REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the Vice President.
- Collaborates with Operations Managers in assessing the service configuration of accounts
- Serves as business owner and interacts on a regular basis with clients’ travel managers, executive directors, and senior managers of divisions.
- Participates in best and final sales presentations as determined by management.
- Works with Finance in preparing and ensuring the accuracy of client monthly statements
- Manages the individual client profitability and impact to the company.
- Strategic Business Planning
- Develops, implements and manages a Strategic Business Plan which includes:
- Engaging the client in identifying mutual program goals;
- Consistently demonstrating ’s value to the customer;
- Determines technology needs and collaborates internally to proactively deliver available technology products;
- Proactively managing and fulfilling our contractual goals with the client;
- Evaluating and revising the Business Plan to address performance goals.
- Collaborating with the Operations Managers in developing Operational Effectiveness and Service enhancement sections of the Business Plan;
- Review and analyze client data and present strategic recommendations on an ongoing basis
- Identifies opportunities for addition of value-added travel services and increased product sales
- Identifies opportunities for growth via domestic or global consolidation
- Identifies meetings management opportunities.
College degree preferred
A minimum of 5 years account management experience in the employ of a large corporate travel management company
- Knowledge and experience in Global Travel Account Management required
- Presentation skills for a variety of audience levels and sizes (2 to 200 people).
- Ability to consult with external clients in an advisory role in providing alternative solutions.
- Problem solving skills: ability to listen, identify the root cause, offer appropriate recommendations, and determine the best resolution.
- Knowledge of technical products related industry offerings.
- Ability to think strategically in order to create a vision, set direction, lead complex projects to resolution.
- Proactively anticipate needs of client and integrate new creative ideas and technology as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects for several clients in a timely and well-organized fashion.