Our NJ Based client is seeking a FIT /Group Travel Specialist. This is an amazing opportunity for that experienced travel agent that wants to move to the Tour Operations world. Great salary and Commission.
JOB TITLE: FIT&GROUP SPECIALIST
The Destination Specialist is a key role within the department, as he/she will be responsible to generate sales from leads coming from travel agents. His/her expertise will include a strong product knowledge, strong sales skills and mature contacts in the Travel Agency market.
Plans, builds, and sells tour packages for our customer base. Determines dates, costs, and accommodations required. Describes and arranges itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
· Keep a high percentage of materialization from the lead received. All opportunities will have to be duly noted with a communication timeline with the Agent/Client.
· Be able to perform sales calls to existing client's profile and to new prospective accounts in order to generate new opportunities
· Source and generate sales for the assigned destinations. Identify potential customers and build new sales, maintain core business and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
· Support the operation team in all day-by-day matters and where needed
· Perform any other, reasonable actions or tasks that the business might required
· Build new travel packages to be sold. Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
· Revises existing tour packages and itineraries, as requested by agents, decreasing price as needed.
· Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
· Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
· Maintains communications with agents to follow-up on proposals and inquire about new groups, soliciting feedback as appropriate. Meets with vendors as necessary.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS