Crew Accommodations is responsible for using Connex to book hotels and transportation for American Crew members worldwide. The position will coordinate with the pilot, flight attendants, and crew tracking desks to resolve issues. This position will also be responsible for communicating effectively to resolve problems with vendors and crew members. They will need to work under pressure during major operational events to ensure crew members are placed in rooms in a timely manner to avoid crew rest delays or cancellations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Book hotel accommodations for American flight attendants, pilot crews, adhoc crews, Check Airmen, and LOSA observers.
- Handle emergency relocations of crews that occur last minute.
- Serve as back up to American Hotel Contracts team.
- Soft site cities where American doesn’t have a contract hotel, update Connex accordingly, make transportation arrangements, if required.
- Make payments to American non-contract vendors as requested from Hotel Contracts team.
- Work closely with crew tracking and other groups relevant to operational needs that may affect crews and passengers.
- Familiarity with soft siting, maintaining a thorough knowledge of market and contractual needs.
- Possess a general understanding of Connex.
- Be able to solve problems with customers that are critical to American’s success in on time and completion factor.
- Understand American hotel functionality for crews.
- Strong writing, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to apply and analyze data, while making corrections as necessary.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to adapt quickly to technology changes, and union crew rules.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Available to work shift work and willingness to work long hours during irregular operations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED Certificate is required. Some college education is preferred but not required.
- Some customer service or call center experience is preferred but not required.