We are excited to be expanding our technical digital team to support our ever-growing and ever-evolving website and online presence. We are looking for travel experienced, enthusiastic collaborators who want to play an integral role in positioning our brands and maintaining the integrity, quality, and authenticity for which we’re known in the travel space.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of an already strong global brand and a chance to make your mark on it via our most impactful medium: the web.
With trips in nearly 100 countries, you’ll never run out of new places, people, and cultures to feed your wanderlust. From the Maasai warriors of Kenya to the tranquil temples of Japan, your work will consist of a staggeringly broad range of content, so it’s fair to say “bored” is not in our lexicon.
Grand Circle Corporation is the leader in international travel, adventure and discovery for Americans aged 50+. Headquartered in Boston, MA, we’re a $600M global enterprise with 30 regional offices and over 2,000 associates. Since our founding, over two million Americans have traveled with our award-winning travel brands: Grand Circle Travel, Overseas Adventure Travel and Grand Circle Cruise Lines.
Want to go places? Grand Circle Corporation is the place for you
Responsibilities of role:
- Implementation of the UI/UX design wireframes (Sketch) to reusable elements of the application.
- Develop reusable code and libraries for user-facing features
- Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Provide recommendation on new technologies which will enhance the performance of the application as well as the efficiency of internal teams
- Perform code reviews and help mentor other developers
- Advocate for best practices and strong coding standards
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience working with web front end development concepts and tools (Senior to Architect level for the Front End)
- Desirable experience in technology stack migration
- Proficient understanding of web markup and accessibility, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proven experience implementing RWD and Mobile First Design
- Familiarity with server-side CSS pre-processing: LESS and/or SASS, and creating or modifying GULP process
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and third part integrations via AJAX and consuming RESTful APIs
- Proficient debugging and problem solving skills
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Bonus if you are comfortable working within large source code in Visual Studio IDE
- An understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Big plus if you have experience integrating with CMS (Sitecore)