We are excited to be expanding our technical digital team to support our ever-growing and ever-evolving website and online presence. We are looking for travel experienced, enthusiastic collaborators who want to play an integral role in positioning our brands and maintaining the integrity, quality, and authenticity for which we’re known in the travel space.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of an already strong global brand and a chance to make your mark on it via our most impactful medium: the web.
With trips in nearly 100 countries, you’ll never run out of new places, people, and cultures to feed your wanderlust. From the Maasai warriors of Kenya to the tranquil temples of Japan, your work will consist of a staggeringly broad range of content, so it’s fair to say “bored” is not in our lexicon.
Grand Circle Corporation is the leader in international travel, adventure and discovery for Americans aged 50+. Headquartered in Boston, MA, we’re a $600M global enterprise with 30 regional offices and over 2,000 associates. Since our founding, over two million Americans have traveled with our award-winning travel brands: Grand Circle Travel, Overseas Adventure Travel and Grand Circle Cruise Lines.
Want to go places? Grand Circle Corporation is the place for you.
Responsibilities of role:
- Mentor and grow the Web development team responsible for Web, API infrastructure, and Cloud services.
- Deliver high quality, highly available, reliable, scalable, and secure capabilities around service-based architectures and tools;
- Provide day-to-day ownership of web solutions architecture, Delivery, web operations (Azure), including Sitecore
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on skills development and speed of delivery for the team;
- Foster consultative and collaborative relationships with business unit leaders to provide proactive identification of opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness
Qualification and Experience
- Significant, and proven experience in full stack software architecture and front-end (web, mobile) development; 5+ years of experience preferred
- Leading agile teams and confirmed people manager with 3-5 years of experience and able to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for a distributed team and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms (Azure), performance, including a basic understanding of scalability, security, serverless architecture, and cost control concerns.
- Ability to take ownership of multiple issues and project deliverables, ability to prioritize while continuing to deliver high quality results that are in-line with project schedules.
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing best practices and technology trends
- Architecture and advanced development experience designing and building web applications, using C# , WCF/REST, ASP.NET, MVC JQuery, AngularJS, CSS, SQL, Sitecore (Mongo is plus).
- Implemented or maintained digital marketing tools including Adobe DTM /Google Analytics,
- Implemented/ worked with Azure, DevOps teams & CI/CD
- Experience in building and operating offshore teams in Eastern Europe countries (e.g. Croatia, Ukraine, Lithuania).
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
The Director, Web Development will be responsible for the strategy and execution of full stack web development and web operations efforts across GCC. The ideal candidate will have experience leading digital initiatives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with a proven track record of demonstrating exceptional results through best practices and building teams