Seminars International Inc. is currently seeking an experienced International Group Travel Proposal Planner/Operations Coordinator to join their team in Chicago, IL
For more information about our company please visit www.semint.com
To plan, design and create custom itineraries and budgets for international education, performing arts, faith-based and special interest group travel programs, then manage all logistics of the group program arrangements through to the group’s return.
- International travel destination knowledge a necessity.
- Experience with group travel.
- Detail focus a must.
- Program management experience with ability to handle multiple programs simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Airline Reservation Systems preferred but not necessary.
- Travel agency, incentive international travel or similar experience preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of recent related experience with international travel
Proposal Program Planning:
- Research, create and confirm custom international itineraries as outlined by sales staff and/or the group leaders.
- Obtain land and air costs based on variables such as number of participants, quality of accommodations, and inclusions.
- Prepare budgets, send formal proposals and prepare and send final contracts. Oversee final product and pricing.
- Proposal planning aspect entails extensive phone and /or email contact with partners/destination management companies (land and air) and group leaders, familiarization with different exchange rates, travel restrictions, visa requirements, and general global knowledge.
- Operate the logistics of the program by finalizing with accuracy all group program details such as daily sightseeing, meals, hotels, cultural performances, ground transportation, budgets, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between Group Leaders, Group Participants, Airlines and Land Suppliers.
- Prepare final tour documents.
- Monitor program budget including all costs, payments and invoicing.
- Other occasional duties as needed include: Rotational after hours on-call duty to assist with participant issues
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail focused.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of international destinations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Airline Reservations System preferred but not necessary.
- Must be able to travel with sales staff for client meetings occasionally as needed.
- Must have effective leadership skills.
- Must display professionalism and be a dedicated member of a team concept environment.
- Must be dependable and committed to reaching goals.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package available.
Resumes with an included cover letter may be submitted to: