Our Client is currently looking for a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager is a critical role, responsible for driving lead generation, while also increasing Company’s visibility as a best-in-class solution for managing corporate, executive and entertainment travel for small to medium size enterprises across our five West Coast office locations. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Business Development, we are looking for a creative thinker who is comfortable working across all levels of an organization and is willing to work independently, but also as part of a close-knit international sales team.
- Use a consultative sales approach to understand each prospect’s business and effectively sell at the C-Level, procurement and finance departments.
- Develop and implement strategic goals and tactical planning in developing new corporate business by nurturing and developing relationships with key strategic and supplier resources within their territory
- Initiate, manage and take ownership of strategic dialogues with potential clients, as well as internal Company resources
- Ability to sell individually and as a team, leverage internal resources and work with a passion for customer success.
- Maintains a high-level of productivity, managing competing priorities, and work under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex and collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Uses quarterly forecasting and pipeline management to manage sales growth. Effective use of CRM (Salesforce) tool to map opportunities, accounts, activities and next steps.
- Works closely with Sales Operations team to ensure seamless client engagement through the sales process
- Develop & leverage professional network to build brand awareness of Company (Corporate, Entertainment & Leisure travel capabilities).
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel
- Bachelors/Master’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of sales/business development experience within a B2B sales environment.
- Proven problem solver who is highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Track record of successful sales experience demonstrated by specific achievements/targets
- Prior experience with cold calling, prospecting and/or generating leads externally in a corporate environment
- Articulate and confident presentation skills with groups of all sizes and levels of management
- Solid understanding of the B2B sales process (selling a suite of services) and business fundamentals.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel/PowerPoint) and an excellent writer with strong overall communication skills.
- Enjoys the pace, excitement and energy of working with a international sales force within a high growth and fast-paced business
- Travel industry experience strongly preferred
- Preference to be local to one of our West Coast office locations (Beverly Hills, Encino, San Diego, Sierra Madre, Scottsdale), but not essential
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time