Plans itineraries, and arranges accommodations and other travel services for the STOF elected officials, personnel, tribal members, walk in customers, or other persons as directed.
Converses with traveler and/or department head to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
Provides necessary travel information regarding regulations, restrictions, documentation requirements, etc…
Books transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
Provides traveler itineraries, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
Collects payment for transportation and accommodations from customer as necessary.
Plans, describes, arranges, and finalizes itinerary travel packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers, utilizing knowledge of available travel services and promotional techniques.
Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interest in the Seminole Tribe of Florida culture, history and organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to represent the STOF with honesty and integrity.
- Able to work flexible work schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft software packages and add-ins.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
High school diploma or GED and three (5) years related working experience as a certified agent processing corporate and leisure bookings. Must have first hand experience and extensive knowledge of various tour operators and their destinations. Must be customer service driven, know Sabre and have prior corporate travel experience. Some international experience helpful. ARC Certified Specialist a plus. Must be team oriented and also be able to work independently. Ability to problem-solve and to provide value added services. Must have a strong work ethic and focus on customer service. Must be detailed oriented and able to take direction. Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft software packages. Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays and on call as necessary.