Travel Agent Group/Meetings Coordinator position. Proficient on Sabre.
Great opportunity for a well-organized agent that has great Sabre skills and is familiar with Group Travel
Position is located Syosset, NY
This position plans for meetings and incentive programs, reserving ground transportation and issuing airline tickets for our corporate clients. Attendance at various trade shows, events and conferences may be required throughout the year. This is a full-time position, based in the Long Island office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on organizational and time management skills. Strong project management skills with a strong attention to detail,
- Ability to work independently. Ability to retain a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced professional environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Meet with department manager on an as needed basis to provide weekly updates.
- Meet with clients or department heads to determine their meeting or incentive needs.
- Ensure that all clients, suppliers and venues are communicated with in a timely and professional manner in regards to price, logistics and delivery of required services.
- Inspect venues to ensure that they meet client requirements and coordinate required services including but not limited to accommodation and transportation.
- Schedule, confirm and issue airline tickets for clients using Sabre ticketing system.
- Coordinate ground transportation and forward confirmations to respective clients and internal stakeholders.
- When on-site, monitor communication during events and meetings to ensure the quick resolution of any technical problems.
- Review all invoices.
- Maintain and complete hotel and vendor reconciliation documents for all events and invoice clients on an on-going basis.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications
* Google Docs