This position is for a virtual, full time and/or part time travel counselor (agent) who is proficient in Apollo and/or Sabre International. An After Hours travel counselor is responsible for, among other things, engaging in consultative conversations with our client’s travelers with the purpose of making accurate travel reservations and meeting client’s travel program needs, and maintaining and fostering a relationship between World Travel, Inc. and its client.
Position hours are varied and include: nights, weekends and (some) rotating holidays.
4 day split shifts (am/pm) or 5 day shifts are available.
- Participate fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions relating to servicing customers
- Research and provide solutions to travel-related problems clients experience
- Keep fully informed about all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic) and other industry requirements and accurately apply this information when making travel arrangements
- Follow World Travel, Inc. procedures, guidelines, and standards in areas of customer service, building Passenger Name Records (PNRs), ticketing, utilization of management information systems, productivity, attendance, and accuracy of work
- Ensures optimal customer service through effective use of World Travel, Inc. phone
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation (internal and external); diplomacy and tact required in contact with clients, vendors, and co-workers; courteous, professional phone manner
- Must work well independently
- Exercise good judgment