Crowley is currently seeking a high-performing Manager, Travel Operations to join our Jacksonville, Florida corporate office. For the right candidate, we will consider working remotely.
The Manager, Travel Operations is responsible for managing travel consultants who provide excellent customer service while coordinating Crowley’s travel and expense needs. The Manager, Travel Operations will provide leadership in the areas of travel technology, problem resolution, vendor negotiations and relationships, process improvement, customer satisfaction, and ensuring travel costs are within budget. Crowley’s high performers are team focused, loyal to the company long-term, demonstrate a positive attitude, open to constant change and have a high tolerance for ambiguity.
· The Manager, Travel Operations will oversee all aspects of the onsite operations which include: staffing, planning, performance, quality management, operations systems, policies and procedures.
· Analyze travel services provided by vendors and recommend change as appropriate.
Promote the acceptance of fares, rates and suppliers that are within the organization's travel program and negotiated contracts while applying discounts.
· Ensure travelers are trained to use the company's self-service on-line booking and expense tool.
· Continually drive efficient processes, strong customer service, experience management and revenue growth.
· Responsible for fostering a team oriented work environment that focuses on engagement and high performance.
· Provide continuous process improvements that lead to increased productivity and increase efficiency within the onsite operation.
· Complete special projects as assigned.
A minimum of 5 years of travel agency or corporate travel services experience.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, Excel and SharePoint.
Proficient in automated travel management systems such as Concur, ARC, Sabre Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Trams, and Compleat.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field OR will consider equivalent combination of post high school education and experience equal to 9 years.
CAS certification preferred
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Extended use of computer keyboard and viewing of computer monitor and ability to sit for long periods of time.
The position is Exempt. Requires ability to work long hours to meet required deadlines. Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.
Crowley is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy workplace to each of its employees; fulfilling the safety, security, environmental and quality requirements of our customers; and continually improving our Environmental Stewardship through prevention of pollution and protection of the environment. To do this, every Crowley employee is responsible for developing sufficient knowledge of the Management System in order to support these goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Crowley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data.