Conlin Travel is a service driven, proactive travel company celebrating over 55 years of serving clients around the world. Today, we are the largest, independently owned travel Management Company in Michigan and one of the largest in the Midwest. While many others in our industry are struggling, Conlin Travel continues to grow at a remarkable rate with a program model that works. As a BCD Travel affiliate, we are a member of one the largest travel management network in the world with locations in over 100 countries. Our goal is to provide service which makes our clients "Raving Fans," and we are doing this every day.
Conlin Travel is seeking an Account Manager to be responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts. In this position, you will work with an existing client portfolio to manage their organization's business travel programs to:
• Develop business plans and relationships with key clients to improve the level of performance and service of the travel program
• Identify opportunities for technology and service solutions, providing best in class customer
service and engagement that exceeds the client's expectations
• Identify and develop upsell opportunities within client portfolio for new business, technology and tools
• Act as a client advocate with vendors during negotiations, service reviews, and program
• Monitor contract terms, SLAs, volumes and service levels to ensure favorable contract
renewals; supporting rebid processes when necessary
• Travel industry experience, preferably in corporate travel
• Strong communication skills both via written and public speaking/presentations
• Proven track record of developing professional relationships
• Ability to work closely with team members, demonstrating clear and efficient communications
• Demonstrate knowledge of best practices within the travel industry
• Microsoft office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and CRM experience
• Proven track record of negotiating favorable travel terms for clients, including experience in negotiating air, car and hotel rates
• Able to identify, develop and implement business plans for new and existing clients
• Degree in a business related field strongly preferred
• Full time – 40 hours per week plus
• Must have own vehicle for travel within the state of Michigan; mileage reimbursed
Ann Arbor, MI, United States
The position of Conlin Travel Director of Agent Operations and Management is to lead the team of corporate agents and the operations of the department to develop and grow the environment for long term success. The position is full time working locally at our Ann Arbor, Michigan Additionally, this role will be vital in working within the Client Services Division to jointly build a successful customer retention environment with other key areas within Conlin Travel with the goal of long term, prosperous customer relationships. The Conlin Travel Executive Team looks forward to supporting the Director by providing a work environment that is collaborative, positive and challenging. We look forward to new ideas on how our knowledgeable agent staff will work together towards the overarching goal of positive customer experience that drives account retention.
Duties and Responsibilities
Agent Management: In this role, the Director will be in charge of the day to day management of our agent staff, both onsite and virtual, as well as oversee the growth of each individual staff member with alignment to goals.
Provide leadership coaching to develop team as a cohesive unit with quarterly and yearly goals and initiatives.
Provide an environment that supports yet challenges staff and fosters knowledge-sharing across all areas of Client Services
Develop individualized program of agent staff, unique skill sets, strengths and challenges to best optimize their contributions.
Oversee agent training needs, growth and adoption of key tools, methodologies and processes.
Effectively and sustainably communicate department and company goals to the agent staff and develop initiatives to generate excitement of common goals.
Develop, oversee and measure the departmental goals as well as individual goals.
Provide day-to-day management of the department which includes call flow, work flow, escalations, reporting, vendor management and supervisor oversight.
Develop the Agent Department as a channel of retention that works to stand above the industry through use of outstanding service, reliable communication, consistent message of brand and ongoing improvement.
Agent Operations: In this role, the Director will oversee the mechanical side of the Agent Department which includes the GDS, the optimization of the agent tools and vendor programs and align those to maximize various revenue channels.
Work with Finance to develop long term profitability metrics for agent staff
Work with COO to create measurable goals and benchmarks
Evaluate tools to determine feasibility, use cases, ROI and cost/benefit, develop programs for agent use and provide measurement on success
Evaluate revenue opportunities with executive staff, develop programs for agent use and provide measurement on success
Provide cross-support to Technical Services on quality control initiatives, goals and adoptions
Work within the Client Services Division to develop tool improvements, efficiency opportunities and continuous improvements
Commitment to customer service through efficiencies and agent knowledge
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, display professional workplace etiquette, attire, and timeliness
Ability to multi-task and work independently and under pressure
Demonstrate ability to shift direction in response to changing work situations
Experience in Microsoft Office program
Maintain accountability for all job requests
Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently
Ability to interact, communicate and manage 30+ different individuals working as a team
Sound knowledge of client retention practices
Five year of working in or with a travel agency agent department or a customized service oriented call center
Job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform additional related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and dependent upon the changing needs of Conlin Travel, Inc.